20 August 2008

recent cooking adventures

I think I like colorful food. Here are two of the many dishes I made this summer; both for dinner, both very colorful and very tasty.

scrambled eggs with green peppers, tomatoes, onion
(from sometime in July)


After visiting the farmers market this morning, I came home with lots of vegetables - peppers, zucchini, squash, onions, and tomatoes. I couldn't help but make something using lots of said vegetables. Thus, the following dish:

Sante Fe chicken - chicken breast smothered in black beans, green peppers, onion, and tomatoes with cumin, cilantro, and cayenne pepper


This turned out a lot tastier than I had hoped - I devoured half of it before remembering to take a picture. :) I think I need to try this recipe with some basmati rice... good thing I have plenty of leftovers!

Next up: veggie pizza. Becca and I will probably make it this weekend, so I'll have more food pictures up soon.

9 comments:

  1. That all looks gluten free! And absolutely delicious.

    I'm so proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was actually thinking about that as I was making the Santa Fe chicken - both dishes are gluten-free AND dairy-free. :) (Though I may have unnecessarily put cheese and milk in the eggs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock my socks off. :)

    Where did you find the recipes? Or did you just make them up on your own? You're inspiring me for my dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, well, the scrambled eggs I made up on my own, and I got the Santa Fe chicken recipe from the Healthy College Cookbook you gave me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome. have you ever looked at Epicurious.com? I found a really good recipe for miso/ginger marinated chicken breast with an edamame/corn salad the other night...it was yummy and I should have taken pictures, but I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that sounds really good. Yes, I have been to Epicurious.com occasionally; I've yet to make anything from there, though. However! one of my open tabs right now is a fried rice recipe from Epicurious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you two come home and cook for us?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait until I post my latest recipe - it's the craziest one I've tried I think but really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Nanayna
    I miss yur blogginz. plz post.

    sinsuraly,
    Jull

    ReplyDelete