"I don't think it's appropriate for pastors to endorse." - Pastor Rick Warren
Amen to that. :)
I've only just started to watch Rick Warren's forum with Senators Obama and McCain on CNN.com, but I just loved some of the things Rick Warren said during an interview in CNN's Situation Room. His interviewer, Suzanne Malveaux, asked several questions attempting to get an endorsement (or a "preference") out of Mr. Warren, but he kept deflecting.
Malveaux: "Do you see either one of these candidates as having kinda that 'whole-life' agenda that you talk about?"
Warren: "We'll sure find out."
I can tell I'm going to enjoy this. :)
The YouTube interview with Suzanne Malveaux: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYNA1KVjLnI&feature=related
(Note: this series of videos stops showing the forum after about part 9 and the audio is off from the video. For a better version of the whole forum, check out CNN's videos below)
CNN's video of the forum: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/16/warren.forum/index.html?eref=edition#cnnSTCVideo
EDIT: I've been asked, so I'll give my brief opinion on the forum.
While I definitely enjoyed the whole of the forum, it honestly didn't do much to change my opinions on either of the candidates. I agree with some of the things both of them said, but at the same time I disagreed with several things they each said. Watching it was definitely worth it, though; it was interesting to hear their opinions on important issues. I'm glad Rick Warren decided to bring them to his church and ask them hard questions; it was quite educational.
17 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, what did you think?
ReplyDelete